Xilin IWC (Illinois Welcoming Center) is a one-stop human service center. We help immigrants and refugees to integrate into communities with language and culture sensitive case management. We provide free referrals on social benefits applications, education, housing, transportations, public health, job searching, mental health, etc.
Walk-in office hours: Monday and Wednesday, 9 AM to 1 PM at 2454 S. Wentworth Ave., Chicago. Phone: 312-265-1453.
Appointment only at 145 E. Algonquin Rd., Arlington Heights. Phone: 630-974-8468.
Xilin Welcome Center (Chinese Version)
Xilin Welcome Center (Spanish Version)
Free Services for the Low-Income:
Free Services: As a non-profit social services agency, Xilin Association’s programs serve mainly low income and under-served individuals and families with no charge, currently that comprise 99% of the program participants.
Purposes: The set forth guidance is developed to accommodate individuals/families who need services and are subject to financial responsibilities.
The following fee schedule will only apply to individuals and families who are disqualified for free services according to the listed guidance.
Guidance: The fee schedule is developed based on the nature of the service, the available funds, the unit cost to Xilin Association, and the income level of the individual/family.
1. Adult Day Services: Individuals with no Medicaid waiver status, the daily rate is $90 dollars. A sliding-scaled, income-based discount is available as the following:
|Income||$20,000-$30,000||$30,001-$50,000||50,001 and above|
2. In-Home Services: Individuals with no Medicaid waiver status, In-Home Care program service rate per hour is $28/per hour. This program shares the same rules and discount as that in the Adult Day service. (Please review #1)
3. Chinese School Classes & After School: Children of the family with a monthly income as listed below, participation in classes offered by Xilin Association is free and Xilin will assist the family to apply for the for assistance from the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) through the Illinois Department of Human Services.
All fee schedules will be subject to change yearly in order to reflect the cost-of-living adjustments, inflations and Xilin Association’s financial condition.
Disclaimer: Xilin Association serves people in needs, not based on their color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or military status, in any of its activities or operation.
ADULT DAY CARE
Xilin Association is proud to be granted the contracts by the Illinois Department on Aging providing free Adult Day Services to individuals who are with Medicaid. The Xilin Adult Day Care centers are located in Naperville, Arlington Heights, and the Chicago-Pilsen area.
Each Adult Day Care Center provides the following services:
– arranging a door-to-door pick-up & drop-off service via the Xilin Association’s vehicle team
– nurturing the participant physically and mentally via a community nuance and culturally appropriate meals and snacks daily.
– assigned a nurse to check participant’s vital signs, medication, and chronic illness monitoring on a regular basis.
– furnished with various lives enrichment activities that are led by talented participants and staff.
– equipped with a professional mental health team that provides regular workshops and small group discussions.
– providing a holistic one-stop service approach that fulfills the participant’s needs seamlessly via case management.
For seniors who are not with Medicaid, a sliding fee schedule will be the guideline.
Free Service and Income-Based Discount
Rendering client-centered comprehensive services at Senior homes via a trained and experienced team:
– Foster a warm and caring companionship.
– Maintain a healthy, clean, and safe home environment.
– Escort and transport the senior to doctor’s appointment that is within 10 miles of distance each round trip.
– Prepare special diets according to the doctor’s instruction.
– Assist with personal care tasks, such as bathing, grooming, etc.
– Prepare meals, do laundry, shop, and run errands.
– Light housecleaning and chores.
Xilin Association is honored to provide In-home Care services via contracts granted by the Illinois Department on Aging in the following Counties: Du Page, Will, Lake, Kane, Cook, and Suburban Cook. It is a free service to seniors who are on Public Aid Waiver program. A special discount is available per request.
Xilin serves nutritious meals for the low-income four times a week at two locations: Schaumburg and Arlington Heights.
Sponsored by AgeOptions, Xilin provides congregated nutritional meal programs for seniors (60+ years) to get lunch at the following two locations:
Please click here for XILIN SENIOR LUNCH AT CHINA BUFFET
Super China Buffet Restaurant
(Monday & Thursday / 11:30am - 1:30pm)
Golf Point Plaza Shopping Center
331 W Golf Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60195
China Buffet Restaurant
(Wednesday & Friday / 11:30am - 1:30pm)
Arlington Heights Square
230 W Rand Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004